Wednesday August 31, 2005

It’s a waiting game again.

I found out that the current insurance deemed it medically necessary (well duh) but now they are negotiating with the hospital for a discount because it is an out of network hospital. It should take a week to find out.

I am desperately wanting this surgery in September so that I know if I’m covered. The problem is, I have to know by THURSDAY (tommorrow, in less than 24 hours, etc) if I am going on the new insurance. The problem is, no one can tell me yet if I’m allowed to COBRA. If I can’t COBRA and can’t get the surgery in September, then I’m basically screwed. I will have this surgery though. I will find a way. There is no way that I’m going to make this hard of a decision, this major of a decision then let it fall away because I run into a hurdle like $28,000. Anyone need a kidney? Just kidding.

Trying not to choke,

Jamie

Leave a Reply