Last September, I attended a conference called Captivating Heart and although I was sick the whole weekend, I learned a few things about who I am in God that has revolutionized my thinking–both about God and about myself.
- Learning that Satan’s biggest lies are that I’m not enough or that I’m “too” much to be worthy. This led to me spending the entire year of 2013 studying the idea of being “Enough.”
- Learning that my beauty comes from being created in God’s image and that inherently makes me a beautiful human being and it translates into me being a treasure who will be used for God’s glory.
Captivating Heart 2013 is coming this October and I’m so blessed to be on the planning committee. My hope and prayer that all of my women friends who are of faith decide to take part in this event. You don’t even have to be from Northwest Arkansas! We had women from multiple states join us last year.
Here’s a few details about Captivating Heart 2013:
- Dates: Oct. 11-13
- Location: New Life Ranch in Colcord, Okla. (about 5-10 minutes from the OK/AR border)
- Cost: $129 (unless you sign up early and then there’s a discount!) The cost includes the seminars, six meals and boarding.
- Focus: Who do you believe God to be? (and how does that shape who you believe yourself to be)
- Where you go to sign up: http://www.eventbee.com/v/captivatingheart2013
More fun to come!
In the next few months, the Captivating Heart planning committee is hosting several very cool fundraisers. Some are just for the ladies, others are for the whole family! The money raised from these events go towards keeping the costs low for the participants.
- May 19 is an event for the whole family at Modern Mission, an outdoor laser tag spot. I have tickets that you can purchase from me or you can purchase your $15 ticket here: http://www.eventbee.com/v/warriorprincessgames
- June 8 is a Garden Tea Party for ladies. It’s a great afternoon to dress up, enjoy a real tea party and bid on silent auction items. I have a few tickets you can purchase from me or you can purchase your $10 entry ticket online here: http://www.eventbee.com/v/chgardenparty
- Sometime in July there will be a Craft Party. More details about that coming very soon! (I will update this blog post)
- Do you love coffee? You can purchase coffee from this link at Just Love Coffee and some of the proceeds will help this ministry.
- Threads of Hope bracelets and necklaces are available through the sponsoring ministry, Strings Attached Ministries. Half the proceeds go to fund the ministry.
Won’t you join us?